- Is it safe to order from your store?
- Of course we think it is safe! We take security seriously. Primarily, this means that we do not EVER see your financial information. This way, no one can EVER steal it from us. All of our billing is handled through Paypal, and they never send us your financial information.
- Can I return an item?
- As a very small business, we do not maintain extensive inventories. Please be sure of your order before placing it. Once we have shipped your item, it can only be returned if the box is undamaged and the kit is unstarted. In this case, the buyer is responsible for return shipping and for a 25% restocking fee (subtracted from your refund).
- Can we visit in person?
- Morris Models is not open to the public.
Shipping and Handling
- How long does it take to ship my order?
- When the web site says that a kit is in stock, this often means that the materials to produce the kit are in stock, but the kit must still be produced. Often, the kit can be sent out in the next couple of days – but it can take up to 2 weeks to produce, pack, and send out an order.
- Can you do a rush order?
- If shipment within the standard 2 week time frame is not quick enough, we ask that you contact us before buying to see if we can accommodate your time schedule.
- Are your orders insured?
- No. Unfortunately, when we began shipping kits, we found that claiming the insurance on undelivered and damaged kits was simply not worth the time required. We self-insure domestic shipments (let us know if there is a problem – we will either re-send the kit or send the damaged parts). WE DO NOT INSURE INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS. On international shipments, our liability ends when it leaves the US. If you cannot accept this policy, please do not order our products.
- If I select an express type of shipping, will that make me get my order quicker?
- Maybe. When we see express shipping requests, this lets us know that you are in a rush – and we may be able to shorten our handling time. However, this is not a guarantee. If a rapid turn-around time is needed, please contact us before ordering.
- Do you recommend any particular shipper?
- No. We have had good experiences and bad experiences with most.
- Does DHL work well in your area?
- No. In spite of DHL’s claimed quick shipping times, they often take 1-2 weeks to even pick up packages from us. On the flip side, we have not yet had DHL lose a package once they have picked it up.
- Is this model based on a ___________ engine?
- Our model kits are inspired by many of the great engines of the past. However, we rearrange the parts so that they are visible. Since the parts are rearranged and stylized, we do not say that our kits are based on any particular engine.
- What is included in your model kits?
Our model kits are inspired by many of the great engines of the past. However, we rearrange the parts so that they are visible. Since the parts are rearranged and stylized, we do not say that our kits are based on any particular engine.
What tools and additional items are needed to assemble your model kits?
At a minimum, you will need sandpaper, wood glue, and a hobby knife. Waxed paper is also highly recommended. You may also need a screwdriver. Any other tools you have access to can only make the process easier.
Can I motorize your model kits?
These model kits have wood on wood bearing surfaces, and are not intended to turn at high speeds. Low speed motorization is possible, but may require you to provide longer drive shafts, gears, chains, or other items. We do not support motorization, but it is certainly possible.
Can I paint the model? Can I varnish the model?
Our model kits are made to close tolerances. Very thin finishes can be used, but any thick finishes will likely interfere with the moving parts.
Will I be able to build one of your models? Will my 12 year old be able to build one of your models?
We honestly can’t answer this question. These model kits require patience and precision to assemble. Please download the instructions and study them. If they make sense to you (or your 12 year old), you will probably be successful. If they appear impossibly difficult, these may not be for you.
I broke/lost/want a part. Can I get a spare?
Yes. Please contact us, and tell us the name of the part as it is introduced in the instructions. We probably have dozens of extras lying around. If we do’t, we will cut you one.
Can I use two of your kits to build a 14 cylinder radial?
It depends on how determined you are. We do not support modifying kits, but we are happy to see your results.
Can you make a ******* model for me?
Maybe. Let us know what you would like to see.
Will you ever make anything besides engines?
Probably. Check back over time and see.
Will you sell your kits wholesale?
That depends on the situation. Contact us to talk.
Can I get a copy of your cut file and cut it on my laser cutter?
Sorry, but no.
Can I get my question in your FAQ?
Probably – if you ask frequently enough!